Sunday, August 22, 2010

Last Minute Packing

Today is my last day at home in Seattle - in a perfect world, it would be at least sort of laid-back and relaxing. But unfortunately, I have had an incredibly busy and wild day.  This is mostly because I had not really packed any of my clothes, and therefore had to get all of that last minute packing done today.

A couple days ago, I created a registry of all of the clothes I own in a word document.  I sorted it all into categories (tank tops, t-shirts, skirts, etc.) and then divided those sections by color.  This way, I have a list of everything that I own and may therefore check it to see what stuff I have at home.  To make this process easier, everything that I am bringing to college is marked.  Now, if I want to see what I have at home, I can check the list and have it mailed to me.  Of course, while I was packing I had to go and record everything.  Which, while it helps my organization, took some time.

With my clothes packed, I turned to the next step, jewelry.  I selected the items I wanted to bring with me, and placed them in small zip-lock bags to keep them separated and not tangled together.  This part was fairly easy, but another thing that had to get done today.

Finally, I had to move my music over to the new computer, because I just could not go away without it.

With all of that done, I think that I am finally ready to leave early tomorrow morning (at five am).  I am sure there are things I have forgotten, but I will just have to have them mailed later.  For now, I am finished.

1 comment:

  1. lol, Jane you are so funny (and really your mother's daughter). I hope your registry works -- very Jetson's of you. I wish you luck on your grand adventure to college. I am sure you will do great. We are so proud of you. xxo Auntie.

    ReplyDelete