Friday, August 13, 2010

The Georgian

After I graduated from Ingraham High School, we did not have enough time to organize a nice graduation dinner with all of our preparation for the Africa trip.  So when we were in Tanzania, at some point we started talking about fancy dinners, and decided to schedule a great evening to celebrate graduation.

Therefore, tonight we went to the Georgian - an elegant restaurant downtown.  Everyone got dressed up in nice clothing, Pat even bought a new shirt.  Since it was such an important event to celebrate, we had a good sized party consisting of Grandma and Grandpa, Uncle Drew and Teri, Mom and David, Pat, and Nick.

We pulled up outside the hotel for the valet service and went inside the hotel and to the dinning room.  The room is a gorgeous large hall with huge chandeliers and giant windows to let in the light.  The whole room was elegantly decorated and absolutely wonderful.


The evening started out with drinks - a Virgin Mojito for me - and bread with a large sampling of butters.  The menu was amazing with its large array of options.  It would have been possible to order a seven coarse meal, though with the three I had, I am sure that would have been too much.  I started out with a delicious Caesar Salad and had the Morel Mushroom Ravioli as an entree.  When I was finished with both of those, I was stuffed, but still enjoyed a Black-and-White Chocolate Souffle and small taste of another souffle.

With the meal eaten, I opened the nice card that Uncle Drew and Teri gave me as a graduation gift.

Then, with the check, the waitress gave me a nice surprise:


It was such a nice thing to see, at the end of the meal, though I was completely stuffed.

Overall, it was an incredible evening and I really enjoyed celebrating with so much of my family!  It was wonderful and I felt great.  I am glad we got it organized and pulled through, it was perfect.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad we finally were able to celebrate your accomplishments. Congratulations on all your hard work. I'm so excited for your upcoming time at Harvey Mudd!

    ReplyDelete