Thursday, August 19, 2010

Honey Bunnies

One of the primary things that I have thought about when it comes to going away to college is the fact that all of the food I love and am used to will be no more.  So for the past couple of weeks, I have been demanding the food that I love - tacos, spaghetti and meat balls, flank steak - so that I can have it before I go away.

And of course, honey bunnies.  Who in the world does not love honey bunnies?  Besides the people who are ignorant to their goodness, nobody.  They are a wonderfully sticky and sweet breakfast food that my brother and I have adored the few times that we have had them over the years.  They have become a sort of wistful desire, one that is often thwarted by the grievous amount of time they taken in preparation.  But they're sweet deliciousness is the thing of dreams, and it perpetually follows those lucky enough to taste they glorious fluffy sweetness.  The name comes, of course, from the adorable shape - each honey bunny is made of two buns, with two adorning ears and a cute little tail - and the incredible flavor.

I have been seriously looking forward to them since I had the wonderful excuse to request they're creation.  Of course, they came out wonderfully and were a complete success this morning.  Thank you Mom!

Feast about their glorious image, for you may never see them again.
Mmm, I ate two and was way too full to have any more.  But they were great and I sure wish I could have.

In other news:

I hung out with Kerry for the last time before college.  She moves into her dorm tomorrow, and I am leaving very soon - Monday the 23rd.  It was kinda sad, to have actually reached that point after anticipating it for so long.

Also, I cut my hair fairly short yesterday and I love it!  It is cute and clean, and feels fresh.

That is all for now.  Until next time.

1 comment: