Thursday, August 12, 2010

Hello and welcome!

With the move to college looming and coming closer every minute, there are a number of things that I have had to prepare.  One of which, as a promise to my mom, was to start this blog to chronicle my time in college and therefore make it easier to keep my friends and family up to date on the goings on in my life away from home.  Therefore, welcome to my new blog!  I hope to post every few days on topics ranging from classes and extracurriculars (ie. rockets) to friends and (some) parties.

To help keep the blog interesting and attractive, I will do my best to include photos as often as possible.  To help with this I purchased a Canon PowerShot S90 which will be used for the majority of the pictures seen here, since my Nikon D90 is slightly to large for everyday occurrences.

Now, to start with the real and more interesting news:

On August 23rd I will be flying down to California to move into my dorm at Harvey Mudd.  The orientation starts on the 26th and runs until classes start on the 31st.  It is going to be a huge change, and I am both nervous and excited.

We are given about four hours to initially move into the dorms early on August 26th, and then the densely packed schedule of orientation events begins.  I really cannot wait to see the space, since I have been prepping for the move for weeks now.  I am also excited to meet my roommate, Katie.  We have been chatting for a couple weeks now, and she seems very nice.  She lives fifteen minutes away from campus, so she is probably familiar with the area, which is great!

Now, as an introduction to the campus for those that do not know much about it:










So, welcome to my blog!  Please, check it often and learn the exciting inside story of Harvey Mudd College and my life there.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jane
    Thanks a lot for blogging. It will mean a lot to us.
    Love the looks of Harvey Mudd! All those buildings for eating, sleeping and playing and so few buildings for “education”. That sounds like college life to me!
    -d

    ReplyDelete