Monday, October 11, 2010

The Last Week of the 1st Half Semester

The end of the 1st Half Semester signifies a number of important facts.

1. It is time for midterms, since we have been in school for a full quarter year.
2. Two of my classes are reaching their ultimate conclusions, so it is time to wrap up.
3. Together, this equals work.

When it comes to midterms, I have not had a huge load, but in combination with everything else, it seems like a lot of work.  A couple weeks ago, I had my first Spanish test, which went very well.  The teacher is wonderful and prepared us all well for the test, so it was not much of a problem.  This past weekend, I had my math midterm, which was a bit more exciting.  While I did study for it, and I think that it went fairly well, there were a couple of points where I had a bit more trouble.

On top of the midterm, there is the problem of the end of classes.  Since my writing and chemistry classes are only half semesters, the last class is on Friday.  This means that I need to finish two essays for my writing portfolio, and start preparing for the chemistry final which will be available after Fall Break.  So, I spent the weekend revising both essays multiple times, taking the exam, and then working on the normal amount of homework which is assigned for every class.  All in all, it was a rough weekend.

And of course, it is not over yet.  I've spent a couple hours revising my essay yet again, and there are still more revisions to come.  Along with Spanish, math, chemistry, and CS homework - I am sure that this week will seem both really fast and agonizingly slow.  If it helps at all, add a flu shot to the list and you basically know my plans for the next week.  The break will not be here soon enough.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes. Thanks for scheduling the flu shot in the midst of all that!

    ReplyDelete