Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Fremont Fair

I have been looking forward to attending the Fremont Fair for a while, but this morning I woke up to the sound of rain, and it suddenly seemed much less appealing. However, Nick and I decided that we still wanted to attend, since it only happens once a year anyway. So, we quickly got ready with the hope of making it in time to see the parade.

We invited David along, and some how made it just in time for the start of the parade. There was a huge number of naked bicyclists this year, way more than I remember (though I have not been to the parade since I was a kid). Although it was cold and drizzling the whole time, the parade was still energetic and fun to watch, with a huge number of people attending!















The best float at the parade was definitely the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Not only was it cool to begin with, it was extremely well done!






After the parade, David, Nick, and I joined up with Mom and Pat for some food and a walk around the fair. It was really crowded for a cloudy and drizzling day, so after we made it to the far end of the park, Mom and Pat left to head home.

At this point, David, Nick, and I headed to the another great part of the fair - the decorated cars!
















On the way out of the fair, we came across a ridiculously large booth promoting Camel cigarettes. It was exciting looking and easily attracts attention, yet it still had to promote the danger of the product. While I was taking pictures, one of the people working there ran up and said it wasn't allowed. Why exactly is still unclear.

No comments:

Post a Comment