Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Relaxing Day

Because of the Jewish New Year, my first class of the day, computer science at 1:15pm, was canceled.  So I spent the morning doing some laundry and washing dishes, which was incredibly productive.  At three o'clock, I had my Spanish class, which was the usual: talking in a group and receiving the homework assignment.

After that class, I had some time to work on homework (an assignment for my writing class) before dinner.

It was after dinner that the fun began.  First, I went to the first meeting of the Muddracker - the Harvey Mudd newspaper.  The meeting was fairly introductory, introducing the various people and compiling a list of the jobs that people were interested in.  I ducked out of the meeting a bit early (at 7:35) and returned to Atwood.  A new frozen yogurt places is opening up near campus (a mile walk) and they invited the school for some free frozen yogurt to help drum up future business.  So, a short walk led to an extremely large serving of frozen yogurt - with various sweet toppings.   Of course, this was my second trip to get free frozen yogurt since college started a couple weeks ago.

A weeping angel from Dr. Who - Season three
After enjoying our lovely dessert, we walked back to campus.  I had about half an hour to relax, and then I attended the first Dr. Who showing in Atwood - something that will become a weekly occurrence.  It was a lot of fun, and a great episode!  (It was called 'Blink' - the one about the creepy weeping angels, for those that have seen that show).  I enjoyed the episode, and have every intention of going every week that I can make it.

It was a creepy episode...
Now, I will spend a little more time relaxing, before retiring for the night.  I have eight am classes tomorrow, what fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment